All About Caring has one main objective, and that is to provide support that enhances your quality of life and enables you to continue to live where you choose and how you choose.
Wondering why you you should use All About Caring to deliver your Support Services?
Here are some key features that we offer.
No two programs we provide are the same, as the needs of each person we support are different. A plan will be developed in consultation with you to meet your specific needs, circumstances and preferences. Your support will be provided in the way you choose, when you choose.
Our frontline staff provide support to our Service Users in the community 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, every day of the year. We also provide 24/7 phone support as we have an after-hours on-call phone number ensuring you can reach a member of our friendly Service Team at any time, day or night, should an emergency support need occur.
Support can be provided in time increments from 1 hour per week up to 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and anything in between. You can change your schedule each day or each week if you need to.
All staff must complete our internal training program and are accredited as competent in the specific skills required prior to commencing work. This is in addition to their prior experience and qualifications. All frontline support workers are hired directly by All About Caring, we do not use contractors or brokered staff. This ensures we can provide consistent and competent support to you.
We maintain good communication with the individuals we support to ensure we continue to meet your changing support needs over time. We also take any issues or concerns you raise seriously and address these promptly.
To enquire about receiving support from All About Caring, simply contact us via phone or email. We will discuss your support needs and funding and answer any questions you may have to assist you in making a decision.
Supports provided by All About Caring are based on a comprehensive Assessment that is undertaken by an Assessor with your involvement and agreement.
- Make a time to meet with you
- Discuss any specific Assessment requirements or preferences you may have such as the need for:
- An Interpreter or translated documents
- The presence of other Service Providers
- An Advocate/Nominee
- The presence of family or Carer
- Discuss your personal goals and support goals and agree on strategies for how we can best meet these any costs involved in the support selection of Support Workers and agree on the days, times and duration of support worker visits how to change or stop services
- Collect relevant information about you in order to provide appropriate support
- Provide specific details about your Program such as what services are available and the length and frequency of the service as determined by the funder
- Develop a Support Plan with your involvement
- Conduct a Workplace Health and Safety Assessment of your home to ensure it is safe for the Support Workers
- Advise you of your Rights and Responsibilities and All About Caring’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Provide information on how to contact All About Caring, and how often a Assessor will visit
- Explain the All About Caring Complaints procedure and provide information about access to other Complaints Bodies
- Assist you in finding an Advocate if requested
- Talk to other Service Providers or the Doctor (at your request) and make referrals for other services if required
- Ask you or your nominee to give consent to receive the agreed upon support and to be able to share your information with the people involved in your specific program
Any person can access support through All About Caring by paying privately for the specific support type and hours that they require. However, some people may be eligible for funding via a specific government scheme or organisation.
All About Caring is approved to provide support to individuals via the following programs:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- icare NSW
- Lifetime Support (LSA) SA
- Transport Accident Commission (TAC) and - Worksafe VIC
The All About Caring team will discuss with each individual the funding they have available and plan support that best suits them in line with this. In consultation with service users and/or their carer we establish needs and requirements and tailor our support to ensure we meet those needs.